International Jock

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Create your own undies


I have often wanted to have custom-made underwear that I have designed myself. As I hinted at previously, DT Clothes has come out with such a thing. You can create your own underwear here, but it does come with a cost. A simple jockstrap (customized) is 45AUD and a simple (customized) boxerbrief is 65AUD. But I think it's well worth it. Who doesn't want to have custom text written across the butt of their undies? I am excited with this new system, but there are a few things that it is lacking that I would really like to see before I deem it perfect:
-First and foremost: DT Clothes is known (at least in my mind) for their fun and funky patterned undies, but you can only have plain colored fabrics used in your custom undies. I'd really like to see the implement using some of the patterned fabrics into the custom undie system (even if it does cost more).
-I would like to be able to control the color and font of the custom text as well as the exact location (kind of like online T-shirt making engines)
-I would like to have more customization options besides fabric, trim and waistband. I'd really like to be able to change each section of the fabric individually (like the converse custom shoes).
-I would like to have my own custom waistband text.
-I would like to be able to order multiple pairs in different sizes (like for use as sports team underpants)
-I would like to be able to order a custom matching tank top (since they do make tanks, I should be able to customize them)
-Also I would like to know where the jockstrap text prints since there is no butt covering on a jockstrap


So, it's not perfect. But it is a start. And I'm very excited to order a pair or two.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have purchase DT Underwear since they began as DT Jocks. I love this brand as the designs are cool, comfortable and unique. The quality is better than any other label I have ever bought. I recently bought some DT Underwar through the new make your own section at www.dtclothes.com and was amazed at how quickly I received the product. It took only 4 days for me to receive my new DT's. I think the MYO section can be improved a little but it is an awesome start! Well done DT clothes!

Anonymous said...

Daniel,
Thanks for sharing. What a great experience. Glad you liked the MYO section. I agree, there are improvements that could be made, but it is still pretty great (it's not like anyone else is doing it).