International Jock

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Underwear Models at the Oscars

Tonight was the Academy Awards. No, no, no one dropped their pants. But there were (at least) two men present who are both men's underwear models, and both for Calvin Klein. The first is Mark Wahlberg (shown), who I'd like to mention as a rapper and on the cover of U.S.A. Weekend for today proudly flaunts his boxers (OK well the cover on USA Weekend was just a peek, but you could tell). The second is Djimon Hounsou (nominated for best supporting actor in "Blood Diamond"), a little unexpected, right? Well according to this New York Times article he will be the upcoming Calvin Klein Steel line in August. I have never heard of this line before, but I can't wait to find out what it's like, so I'll be on the look-out for that and be sure you all know about it when it comes out. Hounsou says that "Representing such an iconic American brand like Calvin Klein Underwear signifies to me that I have been accepted,”. It is true, CK has become an icon in the men's underwear world and in American culture in general. Just thought this was a timely piece.

No comments: